FCT Minister, Nyesom Wike, Approves N30.9 Billion for School Rehabilitation Projects

The FCT Minister, Nyesom Wike, Approves N30.9 Billion for School Rehabilitation Projects
Nyesom Wike
The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has approved a total sum of N30.9 billion for the rehabilitation of schools in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

This was revealed by the Mandate Secretary, Education Secretariat, FCT Administration, Abuja, Dr. Danlami Hayyo at a press conference.

Dr. Hayyo stated that N13.3 billion out of the approved money will be spent on the renovation and rehabilitation of 40 schools in the FCT. He promised the projects would be completed within 100 days.

Dr. Hayyo also stated that another N13.1 billion was approved for an accelerated whole-school rehabilitation approach, beginning with 18 schools in the FCT.

He noted that the rehabilitation exercise will include classrooms, toilets, hostels, and dining as well as the provision of furniture and water across the schools.

The school rehabilitation projects will come in batches and the second batch will see renovation of four additional schools at the cost of N4.5 billion, the Mandate Secretary stated.

Among the schools that will be rehabilitated, according to the Mandate Secretary, are Government Science Technical College, Kwali; Government Science Technical College, Maitama; Government Secondary School, Kuje and Government Secondary School, Wuse II.

The N30.9 billion projects are expected to be completed before May 2024 as they are among projects lined up for commissioning by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to mark his one year in Office.

Dr. Hayyo commended Wike for his leadership style which he claimed had settled the age-long crisis between the Primary school teachers and the six councils in the FCT.

In the course of resolving the crisis, Wike has agreed to pay 40 percent of the N7 billion minimum wage arrears owed to the primary school teachers in the FCT while the six councils will pay the remaining 60 percent.

Category: World-News
Tag: The FCT Minister Nyesom Wike Approves N309 Billion for School Rehabilitation Projects
Written by Author (author)
Published 1/30/2024 10:09:13 PM


Join us on:
Facebook | WhatsApp Community
| Twitter| WhatsApp Channel
How would you react to this story?
Thump Up Thumb Down
Thumb Up Thumb Up
0 0

Trending News

Ownership Crisis Rocks Benin City as Igodomigodo Asks Oba of Benin to Return To Ile-Ife

Many Fear Dead As Flight Vehicle Fell in Makurdi

Lady Runs Mad After She Was Dropped From A Tricycle By Suspected Yahoo Boys

Uproars as Suspected Yahoo Boy Brags 100 Nigerian Policemen Guide Him Daily

Aregbesola Dragged for Violating State Policy At Iwo Ramadan Lecture

First Class Graduate Die After Completing 21-Day Fasting Allegedly Ordained By Her Pastor To Cure Ailment

Obi Cubana Share Touching Story When His Wife Paid His Price

Divorced Single Mother of One Shares How Family and Pride Made Her Loose Her Husband In A Sorrowful Way

Uproars As A Pastor Said God Failed Wigwe Despite Dashing Church One Billion Naira

Wigwe and Mr. Ibu Died of Inherited Curses, Apostle Suleiman Revealed

Load More

Hey!
You cannot submit comment on this topic because you are not currently login. You can choose to Login or Create an Account then you are good to join the discussion.


Author Author (Entrant )
2 months ago
0     0     0 Replies    

Most Recent Comments         Load More Comments

Free CBT Exams
Take Exam