The Legendary Joe, a young Nigerian writer highlighted the speech delivered by the President-elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu yesterday at the commissioning 0f some projects executed by the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike. Sit back and take a beautiful read through the highlights.
1. The President-Elect honoured the invitation from the Governor of Rivers State to commission some Landmark projects which included a fly over bridge, courts etc as he had promised him before the elections.
2. He paid due regards to all present but most emphatically the Senior man whose Asiwaju described as a brother, colleague, a man of great integrity, honorable, developer of humans, former Governor of Rivers State, Peter Odili who was also present to receive the President-Elect amongst Governors, Ministers etc.
3. He praised Nyesom Wike for being a man of dependable character and valiant courage who fearlessly championed the principle of power rotation in his party not minding whose Ox is gored or whose eyes are prone to tears. He described him as a selfless fighter who stood on the side of justice.
4. Campaign is over and now is time to Govern, as those still in the mood of jumping from one studio to the other trying to reclaim some imaginary womandate, such are the ways of losers. Winners look forward to the next phase of Life, after catching deserving rest. God rested the success of creation process but there must be none for the wicked and failures.
5. Asiwaju reaffirmed he stood there today as a very happy man, for with the support of all, he ran the most gruesome campaign and won FAIR AND SQUARE, beating his opponents and their Daddies silly, pains still felt in their quarters till today and hot tears of agony forever flowing.
6. He identified his invitation to the commissioning of these Landmark projects as formidable step to building bridges across party lines and he stood on in respect to Wike's character he gladly fulfill pledge.
7. As for Wike's banter and witty jabs, Asiwaju would assign one of his protégé, our very own Lagos Boy who thinks in Yoruba Gov Babajide SanwoOlu to respond. Asiwaju is President Elect now, Our President. Banters should be left to Governors and some failed Presidential aspirants. Pay attention to Asiwaju's lifting of the shoulder, 'ako Jagaban ti poju (Tinubu can do shakara!!!)'
8. Wike had established that some of the 12 bridges constructed by him should ideally be done by the FG, he cheekily demanded refunds from the incoming Tinubu led FG. But Jagaban being the master of the game of wits and pun, evaded the trick, "I owe you nothing, they are your roads, enjoyed by your people, but you can lobby and we see" to the cheerful cackle of Wike and all present.
9. On a final note, He acknowledged Wike's consistent effort in making Rivers State a home of happiness and development, but now, they both must commit to a mission of satisfying a larger constituency being Nigeria, one that must be discussed adequately.
Story highlighted by the Legendary Joe.
Tag: Bola Tinubu The Presidentelect
Written by Omooba Alekuwodo (omoobaalekuwodo)
Published 5/4/2023 8:40:15 PM