There are several steps you can take to prevent hackers from hijacking your Facebook account:
1. Use a strong and unique password: Make sure your password is at least 8 characters long, includes a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. Avoid using common words or phrases, and never use the same password for multiple accounts.
2. Enable two-factor authentication: Two-factor authentication adds an additional layer of security to your account by requiring a code in addition to your password to log in. You can either receive the code via text message, a security app, or a physical security key.
3. Be cautious of phishing scams: Hackers often try to trick users into giving them their login credentials through phishing scams. Be wary of any emails or messages asking you to click on links or provide personal information.
4. Keep your software up-to-date: Make sure your computer and phone are running the latest software updates, as these often contain security patches that can protect against known vulnerabilities.
5. Monitor your account activity: Keep an eye on your Facebook account activity, and report any suspicious logins or activity to Facebook immediately.
By following these steps, you can help prevent hackers from hijacking your Facebook account and keep your personal information safe.
Tag: How to Stop Hackers from Hijacking My Facebook Account
Written by Omooba Alekuwodo (omoobaalekuwodo)
Published 4/19/2023 3:02:23 PM